Curbside garbage pickup
City of Sevierville residents and businesses who pay for curbside garbage collection receive the following services:
- Brush Collection - Generally occurs once every 2 weeks (no particular scheduled day).
- Loose Leaf Collection – Collected during the fall (specific days to be advertised)—all other times of the year, leaves and grass clippings may be bagged and placed for at curbside for collection with bulk rubbish/junk.
- Household Bulk Rubbish/Junk - Collected twice a month, (call 429-4567 for the schedule for your area, or pdf click here (783 KB)for a map).
|Residential curbside garbage collection fee:||$10.00 per month|
|Commercial curbside garbage collection fee:||$20.00 per month|
You can help us by following the 95-gallon container guidelines listed below:
- Containers must be placed at least three (3) feet away from any other object (i.e. tree, mail-box, another container, etc.). Due to the possibility of damaging your property your container may not be emptied if it is placed too close to another item, allow enough room between containers and other objects for the grabber on the automated arm to grab the container.
- Please place your garbage container at the curbside by 6:00AM on your scheduled collection day. Due to equipment breakdowns pickup times may change without notice. Containers should be removed from curbside by 6:00 p.m. after collection. A replacement fee will be charged for damaged or stolen containers.
- Please place your garbage container at curbside with the handles facing away from the street.
- Please bag all garbage prior to placing it in the container.
- Remember, only garbage INSIDE the approved City container will be collected and the lid on the container must be able to close. If your container is overflowing or garbage is placed on top of the container, it may fall off when the truck empties it and it will be your responsibility to clean it up OR the container may not be emptied at all. Remember, the driver is the only person on the automated truck and has a route that he has to complete by the end of the shift.
Garbage containers must be at curbside by 6 a.m. on day of collection, but no earlier than 7 p.m. the day before.
Junk should be placed at curbside by 6 a.m. Monday on week of scheduled collection, but no earlier than the Sunday prior to scheduled collection.
What Happens to My Garbage?
The City of Sevierville hauls all household garbage to the composting facility at Sevier Solid Waste, Inc. (SSWI) located on Ridge Rd. where 70% of all garbage is composted and only residuals (plastic cans, metal, etc.) go into the landfill. Once the garbage is dumped on the tipping floor the process of composting begins. A major portion of this process involves the garbage moving through huge rotary digesters. When items other than household garbage end up in the digesters there is a potential for mechanical breakdown. When this happens it results in thousands of dollars in repair cost and man hours to both SSWI and local governments.
For this reason we ask that you not place the following items in your 95-gallon garbage container:
- Large plastic containers, rugs, carpet/padding, rechargeable batteries, rope, bungee cords, water hose, pots/pans, flower pots, small/large appliances, TV’s/computers, /electronics, large plastic sheeting/tarps/pool liners, furniture, etc. These items should be placed at curbside for bulk/junk collection.
- Paint, chemicals, flammable liquids, solids, or gases such as gasoline, used oil, benzene, alcohol, propane/Freon/helium cylinders, or other similar hazardous materials.
- Hot materials such as ashes or cinders. Please wait until they cool.
- Any infectious waste or biomedical waste. Call your medical supplier for disposal.
- Human or animal waste, unless it is properly placed in a secure bag before being placed in the container.
What can I do with things the City will not pick up?
Tires: Tires without rims can be taken to Sevier County Co-Op, Five Oaks Tire, or Goforth Tire. It is recommended you call before going to make sure there is room on their trailer for the tires you have.
Paint: Add mulch, kitty litter, shredded paper, Quickrete, etc. and mix to the consistency of oatmeal. Leave the top off and place at curbside for pickup with junk. You may also take paint to the Household Hazardous Waste Day (see information below).
Chemicals: Hold until the next Household Hazardous Waste Day (see information below).
Oil: Sevier County Convenience Centers and local auto part stores.
Household Hazardous Waste Day: The State of Tennessee sponsors a Household Hazardous Waste Day to collect chemicals, paint, oil, antifreeze, propane tanks, etc. This free service is set up at the City of Sevierville Municipal Complex each year in the Spring - the exact date will be advertised.How to tell if your phone is unlocked? How does shim lin perform his tricks? Tips on how to challenge a 2nd graders work? How to get a green card in usa without marriage? What does lewd mean? Slippery when wet sign meaning? How to play rim shot tricks? What does high lymphocytes mean? What is the spiritual meaning of a feather? How to peel a pomegranate? what is the little yellow pill in mother's helper What does tweakin mean? What does free will mean? What does mise en place mean? What is thot? How to fluff a christmas tree? What does open minded mean? what is helper update on mac How to do cool tricks on a skateboard? What does garnished wages mean? What does bussin mean? How to make money online as a teen? How to cook beef tenderloin tips? What does predeceased mean? What channel is the second nfl game on today? What is the meaning of the name ethan? How to play carroms tips techniques? What is the difference in meaning between a crash and a collision? How long does amoxicillin take to work? The crime of the ages who did it meaning? Tips on how to catch lingcod stardew valley? What are the signs that you should have a colonoscopy? What does repealed mean? Why are uber eats tips delayed? What does it mean when the engine light is on? What is the meaning of amendment 7? How to use samsung pay? What line item is wages tips and salaries? Tips going to disneyland what to wear? How to help an upset stomach? Where to buy long q-tips? What does it mean when a case is disposed? What does water under the bridge mean? How to store brown sugar? What is the meaning of unsullied? What is meaning of heterosexual? Elections when party dirty tricks? Why are they called tricks cards? What channels are the football games on today? Tricks for lining up features when drawing a 3/4 portrait? What is the meaning of the girls name ella? What does the leo sign mean? What is an eboy? How to click through bird tips 3ds? Tricks on how to please your man? How do you stop tips on amazon echo spot? What hand writing tips should a third grader know? What does netherite look like? How to find the range of a function? What is the meaning of indus? How to take care of roses? What does dm mean on social media? What does imprinted mean in twilight? How to make yourself burp? What are ass shots? Who is the asian guy doing the card tricks on agt? What are signs of schizophrenia? Why do some daisies have pink tips? What does trial mean? During shakespeare's time, who was believed to play tricks on humans at night? Tesla what you give lyrics meaning? What is the meaning of the 8 beatitudes? How to mail a package? What does vato mean? How to improve communication skills? Ps2 atv offroad fury 3 how to do tricks? What is the pneumonic aeiou tips used for? How to read a stargazer quick tips? How to get a fast metabolism? utility that will help me not have to remember how to use my computer helper program What do white spots on tonsils mean? What does indictment mean? What does deadstock mean? How to sleep with curly hair? how to make usb helper games run faster How to do tricks on skate 3 xbox? What time does market close? What does carat in diamond mean? who makes hamburger helper? how does sync work in setlist helper How much does it cost to break a lease? What does recalcitrant mean? What does stg mean? Other tricks to do when indoor cat has run away? How to get rid of a uti in 24 hours? Tips on how to make yourself sleep on shrooms? How to get an oil stain out? What does it mean when your monocytes are high? How much do streamers keep from tips? What is an honorary doctorate? How to transfer credit card balance? How many pull ups should i be able to do?